Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sepember 1st and Squash Curry

Google "Rice, Squash, Peppers, Eggplant" (or what was in my fridge tonight) and you come across a biryani-ish recipe from Rachael Ray. Also available here:Rachael Ray's Official Website

Normally, I don't follow recipes for cooking, especially for stir fry type stuff. I usually just throw everything in with my favorite seasonings and see what happens. I'm glad that I deviated from that this evening. This is one of the best meals I've had in awhile. Of course, I didn't have everything the recipe called for so I added and omitted to my liking. I added hot red pepper and Cinnamon, and shredded carrots which only enhanced the meal! If I do this again, I will use a healthier rice...it's just too expensive to buy anything but white rice on a Peace Corps budget.




Also, today was "Knowledge Day" in Armenia aka the first day of school. Here are some pictures of my adorable students!




No comments:

Post a Comment